Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is a woman’s life pointless without children?
12087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
So another argument (yes, again) I've encountered. I told someone I didn't think I'll have children in the future nor do I want to. So in response this person said, "How do you know you won't want to have children in the future?" I don't know, but as of right now these are my feelings. Also, I just don't think I'll be a good parent. While talking, the girls around me acted like what I was saying was unreasonable. As if they couldn't believe their ears.

"Why wouldn't you want kids? what would you do when you get old?"
OMG JUST WHAT WOULD I DO??? Play with my iCane or something -____-"""
"but that's soo......"
Empty?
"yeah"

Apparently my life is meaningless if I don't bear children. My life is not centered around having kids, that's not what I envision for my future, and I don't believe that's my sole purpose in life. I know it's not as close minded as I'm making it out to be, but it's either you want to, or you don't. ...and I don't. So what I got was "yeah, but still......" It seems to me that people think: you can get an education, get a job, and achieve all your dreams, find your soul mate ...but you better have kids in the end, because that's just how it is
13077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
All my friends and some of my siblings have kids. Compared to them I have more time for hobbies, fewer restrictions, more disposable income, less aggravation. When I mention being able to spend a couple hours reading and then a couple more hours cycling, they just stare at me like I told them I could fly and had a pile of gold in my basement.
4783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
USA
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
Of course not. There are other things to do in life besides raising an offspring. Some people don't even have children and their happy with their lives.
4580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/9/13 , edited 2/9/13
Well childless men will have the same problems as childless women.

You hear of men dying old and alone here with no-one finding them for a good while every so often. Usually farmers.

And just because you have kids doesn't mean they will stick around.

And you can look after other people's kids as a creche owner or childminder without having any of your own.

Life is meaningless anyway. Everyone is only here because your mother chose (or was forced) to give birth. You don't ask for it, you just get it. Make of it what you will.
22723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
I've gotten the same crap about refusing to have more children. I really wanted the one I have, and after years of trying finally succeeded. I don't want more because I am very happy just like this. I refuse to listen to strangers tell me shit like, "You can't have just one child" and "You never know how many kids you'll have". Actually, kids aren't potato chips - you CAN stop with one, and there is an entire field of medicine dedicated to controlling how many children you have.

I know plenty of people who never wanted kids, didn't have kids, and won't ever have kids. They're all perfectly happy right now, and they all have more money and free time than me, which they use to go to the gym and keep their undamaged bodies looking good. There are plenty of other things to do in life that don't revolve around getting married and having children.
Gab3n 
13162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
The decision to have kids or not to is always up to you. Your choices always change and so does your point of view on things. There were many things I said I'd never do but ended up doing them years later.

Do what you want cause thats what matters forget what others try and force on you. But you never know one day you might find someone who will change that idea you have.
139158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
No. Not everyone needs to be parents also. >:3
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
You learn. You ask questions. You laugh. You cry. You fall in love. You fall out of love. You hurt. You feel pleasure. These are philosophical things. Having children is merely biological. Since we are animals, biological things apply to us to. But being human, having human faculties of reason, philosophical things make us special. Philosophical things make our existence meaningful.

You're fine. The world is already burdened by so many people needing and taking resources.
1015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In chur head
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
I had that same mentality too maybe I don't want to have kids or be married fro that matter. On another note related to this when I was younger I had ALWAYS been at peace with the fact that Id die because it's inevitable and I thought it silly to be unreasonable over it. However, as I got older many things happened including someone dear to me passing (one of those people that you're so close to that although you know all people have to go you'd never wanted to believe it could happen to this person regardless how childish it may sound you want to keep & be with them always.) ,

at this point I started feeling very uneasy, fearful even. I thought to myself ,
"Even if I'm unable to accomplish all my goals or even if I do I still wouldn't be at peace with leaving."

but then I thought
"I think I'd be at peace if I got to give life; it's such a selfless act."

I smiled at that "A life for a life, a legacy to leave behind." I immediately felt at peace afterwards. If nothin' else if I'm unable to make my mark and I'm forgotten at least I'll be leaving a piece of myself behind that will continue to grow.....unless they get banished or massacred Sometimes I think how I could have ever said I didn't want kids I love children! always have it's weird
953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / england
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have kids. If I ever wanted kids I'd probably adopt as there are so many children out there already with nobody to take care of or love them.
13555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:I told someone I didn't think I'll have children in the future nor do I want to.


good. good for you, children are horrible, they'll ruin your life.
12087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
[not] China
Offline
Posted 2/9/13

Omgwt wrote:
Why do you not want to have kids? Is it because you think that it will out-shadow your other purposes in life or because you think you won't make a good parent?
It's too much work that I'm not willing to put in and I know I won't be a good parent


tink2 wrote:
"I think I'd be at peace if I got to give life; it's such a selfless act."

I smiled at that "A life for a life, a legacy to leave behind." I immediately felt at peace afterwards. If nothin' else if I'm unable to make my mark and I'm forgotten at least I'll be leaving a piece of myself behind that will continue to grow
I think it's pretty selfish to have kids, just to have kids.

28124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/9/13
I don't think anyone needs to have kids to have a meaning to life. Some people are perfectly happy without them. Personally though I'd love to have a kid or two if I met the right woman in the future. Maybe I'm just at that point in life where I'm ready to settle down and start a family.
Posted 2/9/13 , edited 2/9/13

FlyinDumpling wrote:


It's too much work that I'm not willing to put in and I know I won't be a good parent


Could do with people that worry about things like that, perfectionist? You will definitely be a good parent if you have kids then :D.
35176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 2/9/13
Is a woman’s life pointless without children?
>>> No way.
We have over 7 billion people on this Earth (this number is expected to rise exponentially by 2030), we don't really need more for a while, we have so many people that China has to implement a one-child policy.

You know what I think is really pointless and stupid? When irresponsible people have children. People who smoke while pregnant or smoke around their children or never feed them properly--what is the point of bringing a life into this world if you can't take care of it properly?

Or people who have children just because society dictates them to even though they can't stand the sight of children... those are parents who make bad parents.


I don't ever want children either, I don't see how my life is going to be meaningless without them. I probably won't get married either... for some people marriage is such a big deal... it's not. You have to live by your rules, not by society's rules... otherwise you're going to have one gigantic headache at the end of your journey.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.