Touhou Project
38248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
The Touhou Project (東方Project) is a series of 2D (with 3D background) vertically-scrolling danmaku shooting games made by Team Shanghai Alice, with three fighting game spinoffs co-produced with Tasogare Frontier. They are similar to regular shooting games, but focus more on weaving through complex patterns containing anywhere from dozens to hundreds of bullets. Every game in the Touhou series is set in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, and the series is known for its huge cast of characters, well-developed storylines, and related materials such as music CDs, fan-made comics and animated videos made to the music.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quicklist of Games
~Retro Era~
PC-98 Emulator Anex 86 (For playing Retro Era games)
Th01: Highly Responsive to Prayers (1996, Action)
Th02: The Story of Eastern Wonderland (1997, Shooting)
Th03: Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream (1997, Versus Shooter)
Th04: Lotus Land Story (1998, Shooting)
Th05: Mystic Square (1998, Shooting)
~Classic Era~
Th06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil(2002, Shooting)
Th07: Perfect Cherry Blossom (2003, Shooting)
Th07.5: Immaterial and Missing Power (2004, Fighting)
Th08: Imperishable Night (2004, Shooting)
Th09: Phantasmagoria of Flower View (2005, Versus Shooter)
Th09.5: Shoot the Bullet (2005, Photography)
~Modern Era 1~
Th10: Mountain of Faith (2007, Shooting)
Th10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (2008, Fighting)
Th11: Subterranean Animism (2008, Shooting)
Th12: Undefined Fantastic Object (2009, Shooting)
Th12.3: Unthinkable Natural Law (Hisoutensoku) (2009, Fighting)
Th12.5: Double Spoiler (2010, Photography)
~Modern Era 2~
Th12.8: Great Fairy Wars(2010, Shooting/Freezing)
Th13: Ten Desires (2011, Shooting)
Th13.5: Hopeless Masquerade (2012, Fighting)

Please discuss Touhou related questions.

P.S.
If this is a duplicate thread please feel free to lock it.
114144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 10/26/12
i have scarlet weather rhapsody but i cant find a functional english patch that will work. any ideas?
38248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 10/26/12

uhohimdead wrote:

i have scarlet weather rhapsody but i cant find a functional english patch that will work. any ideas?


would you like to download SWR with english patch? i`m gonna send you a PM.

also who is your favorite Touhou character?
mine is Hinanawi Tenshi.
114144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 10/27/12

Zeta-Nu wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:

i have scarlet weather rhapsody but i cant find a functional english patch that will work. any ideas?


would you like to download SWR with english patch? i`m gonna send you a PM.

also who is your favorite Touhou character?
mine is Hinanawi Tenshi.


kinda hard to name them when they are all in japanese the only one i really know is Remilia
1051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Van Nuys
Offline
Posted 10/27/12
what is your favorite game mines Phantasmagoria of Flower View and Unthinkable Natural Law
38248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 11/1/12

patorichan wrote:

what is your favorite game mines Phantasmagoria of Flower View and Unthinkable Natural Law


that`s nice, how about PC-98 games?
1051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Van Nuys
Offline
Posted 11/5/12

Zeta-Nu wrote:


patorichan wrote:

what is your favorite game mines Phantasmagoria of Flower View and Unthinkable Natural Law


that`s nice, how about PC-98 games?


for the PC-98 i have to say Highly Responsive to Prayers
38248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere i Belong
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

patorichan wrote:

that`s nice, how about PC-98 games?


for the PC-98 i have to say Highly Responsive to Prayers

yup, HRTP characters were overkill like Sariel and Konngara, i like all PC-98 cast too.

also what do you think of new touhou game called ''TH13.5 - Hopeless Masquerade''.
1051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Van Nuys
Offline
Posted 11/6/12

Zeta-Nu wrote:


patorichan wrote:

that`s nice, how about PC-98 games?


for the PC-98 i have to say Highly Responsive to Prayers


yup, HRTP characters were overkill like Sariel and Konngara, i like all PC-98 cast too.

also what do you think of new touhou game called ''TH13.5 - Hopeless Masquerade''.

from what i have heard from a friend of mine i think he said it was a fighter like 12.3 and SWR.
1162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/12
omg a Touhou thread yusssss

I love Touhou so much. I've yet to 1CC any of the games, and Mountain of Faith's waterfall stage still kicks my ass every time, but that doesn't ever stop me from trying again the next day xD

My favourites are Sakuya and Mokou with Marisa, Reimu, and Flan close behind.

Hopeless Masquerade seems kind of odd in that you can fly all the time, but hopefully it'll be good because I love UNL/Hisoutensoku too
Sailor Candy Moderator
165733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 5/1/13
Spring forum cleaning! Since it's a new month I'm closing all the old threads in room for the new ones. We close old threads from 6 months past with no activity. Please recreate if you wish to do so!
You must be logged in to post.