First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Girls und Panzer
9286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 12/6/12

Girls & Panzer

Synopsis
You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu - really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It's called Sensha-do, and it's the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they're absolutely driven.

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 9, 2012 to ?
Producers: Actas, Sentai FilmworksL
Genres: School, Military
Duration: 24 min
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

MAL page:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14131/Girls_und_Panzer/
(If you guys really want to know who makes the theme songs and more)
-

Ep 1:


(I couldn't find a thread for it via the search function here or via google)
64845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
I'm not sure I liked this, and this is coming from someone who liked Upotte. First of all the fansubber decided to add German words to replace several of the English translations. It's easy to listen to Japanese and read the accompanying English subtitles and now there's Japanese dub with English and German subtitles, it's just confusing. I don't mind anime that has only girls in it, but this one feels weird, the girls are lacking something to keep me watching for them, I couldn't care less about the tanks. And I do know it's part of the show, but I don't like the student council or the Panzer promotional video that was pure propaganda. The anime did somehow give off a WWII feel to it.

I will watch one or two more episodes before making the call to drop this show or not.
31078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / WORLD OF KLAC
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
well give so far give seem all girls school in focus on working on tanks.

give seem female miho don’t want to drive tank but give student pres being too much of a bully give her friend trying to defend then miho will do the tank.

yet all this on a big giant boat well hmm give more to go what next?
9286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

NoBreyner wrote:

I'm not sure I liked this, and this is coming from someone who liked Upotte. First of all the fansubber decided to add German words to replace several of the English translations. It's easy to listen to Japanese and read the accompanying English subtitles and now there's Japanese dub with English and German subtitles, it's just confusing. I don't mind anime that has only girls in it, but this one feels weird, the girls are lacking something to keep me watching for them, I couldn't care less about the tanks. And I do know it's part of the show, but I don't like the student council or the Panzer promotional video that was pure propaganda. The anime did somehow give off a WWII feel to it.

I will watch one or two more episodes before making the call to drop this show or not.


Yeah they did that too much.
Some of it was ok.
145111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/9/12
Episode 1



WTF did I just watch? lol.

Well ok, it looked like a bunch of girls firing cannons from a tank. It felt like watching Strike Witches + Upotte! same time. The main girl (I can't remember her name but looks somewhat like Rena from Higurashi) can remember things well like birthday dates.

It does look like she joined the team though so that's good. Now, to await for more tank action..
64845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

Des85 wrote:


NoBreyner wrote:

I'm not sure I liked this, and this is coming from someone who liked Upotte. First of all the fansubber decided to add German words to replace several of the English translations. It's easy to listen to Japanese and read the accompanying English subtitles and now there's Japanese dub with English and German subtitles, it's just confusing. I don't mind anime that has only girls in it, but this one feels weird, the girls are lacking something to keep me watching for them, I couldn't care less about the tanks. And I do know it's part of the show, but I don't like the student council or the Panzer promotional video that was pure propaganda. The anime did somehow give off a WWII feel to it.

I will watch one or two more episodes before making the call to drop this show or not.


Yeah they did that too much.
Some of it was ok.


As it turns out I watched the v2 with has more german subtitles. I need to get v0 and try watching this again.
83485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/9/12 , edited 10/9/12
ooo fuck me silly

first it was girls and guns now it is loli's and tanks, jesus k-on goes to war again... thx kristin aka chihiro leader...
58945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
eh, i dunno how I feel about this show yet, the whole idea of why tank driving is considered to be the epitome of femininity just seems rather silly. Also the whole insertion of drama into the first episode by showing her having some traumatic memory felt a little out of place too. Ill give it a try, hopefully, they will get rid of the whole German thing by next episode. While i can understand German it just didnt work at all, hearing Japanese and seeing the German, while expecting English was a little bit confusing.

The ship thing was also interesting, I am guessing they will go from port to port challenging other tank teams. I do wonder why the entire city is on a boat though.
56580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
This may sound stupid, but I would like to know how this episode has been watched by all you people when CR doesn't release it until Wednesday, another site or what?!
9286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

pakslonglegs wrote:

This may sound stupid, but I would like to know how this episode has been watched by all you people when CR doesn't release it until Wednesday, another site or what?!


Fansubs.
I don't know how they got it, but I don't care.
And couldn't care less if you have something against it. ^^
56580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
Well for your information, I didn't really care, until you replied. I don't have anything against fansubs, what I DO have a problem with is illegal downloading, etc. etc. and also people with piss-poor attitudes when someone makes a statement.
47634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
*breaks out the popcorn*

---

The show sounded pretty dumb to me, so I MIGHT watch it if I get desperate for something to watch.
83485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/9/12
someone please tell wtf did i just watch???
9286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

AnimeKami wrote:

someone please tell wtf did i just watch???


Girls and Panzer.
An anime about girls who drive tanks to become beautiful, healthy and whatever ladies.
And they're going to enter the World Cup for tank driving.

Hehe @ that last thing.
Hehe, it's pretty damn stupid
83485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 10/9/12

Des85 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

someone please tell wtf did i just watch???


Girls and Panzer.
An anime about girls who drive tanks to become beautiful, healthy and whatever ladies.
And they're going to enter the World Cup for tank driving.

Hehe @ that last thing.
Hehe, it's pretty damn stupid :P


because driving tanks makes woman more beautiful? right lol

also i like the fact that men don't know how to drive tanks sigh... what a sad day it has become, when men are out shined by lolis

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.