First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What are your top 5 Martial Arts movies of all time?
26545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 11/25/12
I only really remember two but
The Man from Nowhere
Ip Man
19114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Here, duh.
Offline
Posted 11/26/12
1.Man from nowhere
2.Death Trance
3.Brotherhood Of The Wolf
4.B13/B13:U
5.Cowboy Bebop
530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 11/26/12
1. BloodSport
2. Enter the Dragon
3. Drunken Master
4. Fist of Fury
5. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

In no real particular order I guess... but I suppose it would be something like that.
19155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/12 , edited 11/30/12
1 - Who Am I? (Jackie Chan, roof top fight scene is one of my favorites of all time)
2 - Chocolate (not sure if this is like exploitation martial arts or just well done, but I enjoyed the unique elements)
3 - Matrix (Yeah I said it!)
4 - Unleashed (Really liked Jet Li in this one)
5 - Kung Fu Hustle (mix of martial arts and comedy, very entertaining)

I won't say these are the best representations of their respective martial art forms, but just the ones I tended to enjoy the most and could re-watch again (and have) !

Honorable mentions: Ip Man, The Enforcer, Rumble in the Bronx, Warrior (MMA counts?), Man from Nowhere.... not sure why ppl think it's martial arts but yeah I liked that one too
12376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/1/12
1. Dragon Tiger Gate
2. Kung Fu Hustle
3. Shaolin Soccer
4. Fearless
5. Ip Man 2

A lot more but these just come to mind.
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/1/12 , edited 12/1/12
1. Ip Man/Ip Man 2
2. Fearless
3. The Lost Bladesman
4. Hero
5. Ninja Assassin

I just want to say Ninja Assassin isn't one of the absolute best out there, but it has a grip of HD action scenes that are done epicly, so it takes a spot on my favorites.
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/1/12

Rina-San wrote:

5. Dragon Tiger Gate
4. Fighter In The Wind, based on a true story which makes it more unbelievable, so good
3. Chocolate, young talent and the film really touches you emotionally. Very, very good.
2. Fatal Contact, amazing.
1. Warrior King (also translated from Thai to The Protector) definitely my favourite, just pure epic no-strings fighting. Tony Jaa is so awesome, this was his breakthrough film and is 10x better than Ong Bak. He fights people with a variety of fighting skills throughout the film, just top notch fighting. plus Jaa is hot.


I love Bruce Lee films aswell, but they just don't have the emotional content or gripping story-lines for me to include in my top 5. Its just Bruce being awesome and nothing else. =/


Oh god Dragon Tiger Gate, that movie has epicness of its own proportion. So ridiculous haha.
Posted 12/1/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

5. Dragon Tiger Gate
4. Fighter In The Wind, based on a true story which makes it more unbelievable, so good
3. Chocolate, young talent and the film really touches you emotionally. Very, very good.
2. Fatal Contact, amazing.
1. Warrior King (also translated from Thai to The Protector) definitely my favourite, just pure epic no-strings fighting. Tony Jaa is so awesome, this was his breakthrough film and is 10x better than Ong Bak. He fights people with a variety of fighting skills throughout the film, just top notch fighting. plus Jaa is hot.


I love Bruce Lee films aswell, but they just don't have the emotional content or gripping story-lines for me to include in my top 5. Its just Bruce being awesome and nothing else. =/


Oh god Dragon Tiger Gate, that movie has epicness of its own proportion. So ridiculous haha.


Yeah it is ridiculous but a very enjoyable film
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 12/1/12

Rina-San wrote:


blackdahlia90 wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

5. Dragon Tiger Gate
4. Fighter In The Wind, based on a true story which makes it more unbelievable, so good
3. Chocolate, young talent and the film really touches you emotionally. Very, very good.
2. Fatal Contact, amazing.
1. Warrior King (also translated from Thai to The Protector) definitely my favourite, just pure epic no-strings fighting. Tony Jaa is so awesome, this was his breakthrough film and is 10x better than Ong Bak. He fights people with a variety of fighting skills throughout the film, just top notch fighting. plus Jaa is hot.


I love Bruce Lee films aswell, but they just don't have the emotional content or gripping story-lines for me to include in my top 5. Its just Bruce being awesome and nothing else. =/


Oh god Dragon Tiger Gate, that movie has epicness of its own proportion. So ridiculous haha.


Yeah it is ridiculous but a very enjoyable film


Indeed I liked it. It kind of reminded me of a new version of the old school Mortal Kombat and Tekken films.
Posted 12/1/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:


Rina-San wrote:


blackdahlia90 wrote:


Rina-San wrote:

5. Dragon Tiger Gate
4. Fighter In The Wind, based on a true story which makes it more unbelievable, so good
3. Chocolate, young talent and the film really touches you emotionally. Very, very good.
2. Fatal Contact, amazing.
1. Warrior King (also translated from Thai to The Protector) definitely my favourite, just pure epic no-strings fighting. Tony Jaa is so awesome, this was his breakthrough film and is 10x better than Ong Bak. He fights people with a variety of fighting skills throughout the film, just top notch fighting. plus Jaa is hot.


I love Bruce Lee films aswell, but they just don't have the emotional content or gripping story-lines for me to include in my top 5. Its just Bruce being awesome and nothing else. =/


Oh god Dragon Tiger Gate, that movie has epicness of its own proportion. So ridiculous haha.


Yeah it is ridiculous but a very enjoyable film


Indeed I liked it. It kind of reminded me of a new version of the old school Mortal Kombat and Tekken films.


Oh dear I hate Tekken and Mortal Kombat LOL they should have left them alone as awesome games :)
Posted 12/3/12
SHIT
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
5. Wu-Tang Killer Bees
4. Shaolin & Wu-Tang
3. Wu-Tang Ho's, Thugs, and Skrillah
2. The Wu-Tang Clan
1. The Mystery of Chessboxing

These are all 70's and 80's films, not albums by the Hip Hop group.
Sharb8 
22649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles / Hun...
Offline
Posted 12/14/12
Legend of the Fist
Flash Point
Bodyguards and Assassins
IP Man
IP Man 2
411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Stuck in a Star T...
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
IP man 1&2 and A Chinese Ghost story
167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Bali
Offline
Posted 12/19/12
the raid redemption, IP man 1&2, flash point, Ong bak 1
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.